City Church St. Nikolaus
First mentioned in 1340
The baroque transversal hall of the church, designed by Johann Michael Keller, is a highlight worth visiting in Aalen’s pedestrian zone. First mentioned in 1340, the parish church of St. Nikolaus fell victim to the city’s blaze of 1634 and has been, since then, only scantily rebuilt. In 1767 a thoroughly new building was developed according to the drafts of the state´s master-builder Johann Adam Groß.