St John´s Church (St.-Johann-Kirche)
Assumedly built in the 9th century
The St John´s Church is located in the cemetery below the Limesmuseum. The church is one of the state’s oldest christening churches. When it was built, parts of the ancient Roman fort and the Dolichenus temple were reused as building material. The church was rebuilt several times and houses a romanic fresco dating as far back as the year 1200.